1 lb. penne pasta
1T each unsalted butter/ olive oil
1 each: medium zucchini, yellow summer squash, (3/4 lb total) cut in 1/4 inch diced
1/2 lb thin asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 lg. carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2 in. diced
1/2 cup fresh or frozen green peas
1/4 cup minced onion
1 T. minced garlic
2 large plum tomato diced
1 T chopped flat leaf parsley
1 1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. fresh ground black pepper
1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
fresh parsley sprigs
1. cook pasta until el dente
2. In a large skillet, melt butter in olive oils over medium high heat, add zucchini, squash asparagus, carrot, peas and onion. Saute 5 mins. Add garlic, saute 30 - 45 seconds
3. By this time pasta should be cooked. Drain pasta. Return to pot.
4. Add tomato. Add vegetables from skillet, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook 2 min, tossing pasta and veg. to combine. Remove from heat. Add basil. Toss
5. To serve, transfer pasta to large pasta bowl. Garnish with parm. cheese and parsley sprigs.
Note: you could also add broccoli florets.